Our REST API is a core building block of the Seably Platform. You can use it to retrieve and update information from your Seably workspace, or to integrate Seably into your own product. It's completely up to you and your custom use case.
To interact with the API, all integrating systems need to use an API-key. Each API-key is connected to a specific organization within Seably, and all operations made by the integrating system will automatically be related to this organization. I.e. when adding a new employee, it will automatically be connected to the organization which owns the API-key.
Setting up an API Key
You can setup API keys to be notified of actions with the workspace data where your integration is installed.
Specify the URL to Receive Requests
Describe how you generate an API key…
The API exposes a number of different resources that are central to the functionality of Seably. Each resource is described in more detail further down.
- Organization - The organization connected to the current API-key. Usually a shipping company or a training provider.
- Employees - An employee is a user that is connected to an organization.
- Positions - A position is a specific job title within an organization, such as Able Seaman
- Vessels - A vessel represents a vessel owned or operated by a organization
- Certificates - A certificate is a proof that a user has completed a specific course.
From a technological standpoint the API tries to be RESTful and lends concepts from the JSON API spec in some places, specifically regarding relationships. The API exclusively produces and consumes JSON-data.
Read more about Seably API in our REST API Reference: